Tears of Sorrow


It steps into every life
Sneaks out
Leaving its presence forever there
Sharp pains that bruise you
Yet still you hide and confide in it
It’s pulling you from contentment
Shattering your life from water to dust
It will destroy your hope
Like dust to rust
Because it’s following you during your life
Cunningly cutting you like a knife
Why do tears heal your heart after it crumbles then hurts it till it cries?
Is it gentle like the wind?
Anguished like a tornado?
When does it come?
Where does it hide?
Will it hit like a tide?
One will never know
So take a leap of faith
Don’t wait for sorrow
Let go now and embrace life with bliss
Like the sun rises on a brand new day
The bells on the hills play
Hope finds its way

6 comments:

melanie said...

I'd like to know if this was a poem you just created, or was it from your file? I noticed that you really put a lot of emotion into this peice, which made it enjoyable to read. I wonder, which do you find more delight in? Writing a story, or a poem?

Catherine said...

Yes, I did get this poem from my file. I am glad you enjoyed reading it. Strange you should ask such a question. I feel that if I want it personal it is easier to put it in a poem. Things do not have to be complete and stories are more complex. An idea is more for me a story.

Basketball4life said...

Great poem. Very creative. Beautiful picture. I want to meet her..

Ashley J said...

I realized how much emotion you put into this, and I think it is wonderfull how much time you must have spent on this peice. I agree with Melanie with how it made you enjoy reading it because of all of the emotion. Overall, thank you for writting this peice, it was wonderfull to read.

Cassidy said...

I would like to know what prompted you to write this poem. It is amazing. I can see every verse flowing through my head, like a movie or a song. You use very descriptive words. "Shattering your life from water to dust" is a great line. I really like this poem.

Caleb Latella said...

I noticed you put massive amounts of emotion into this poem. It makes me wonder if this is what you remember from a certain event or thing happening. And if so then I wonder what event. This is a great imagery and picture painting phrase.
"Shattering your life from water to dust
It will destroy your hope
Like dust to rust
Because it’s following you during your life
Cunningly cutting you like a knife"

Followers